CareerCatchers provides one-on-one sustained guidance for low income area residents who are seeking careers with upward mobility.
We provide a unique mix of individual counseling, training and support
Our partners provide funding, in-kind donations, and other support.
Our Board of Directors supports our organization with a broad range of skills and experience
CareerCatchers' mission is to provide individualized employment and job skills counseling:
To ensure stable employment and upward mobility;
To identify and encourage participation in work skills and training programs;
To enhance self-esteem and foster empowerment.
CC has been recognized for its dedication to providing personalized comprehensive vocational services.2020:
- Served as a processing agency for Montgomery County’s Emergency Assistance Relief Payments (EARP) program to provide cash assistance to residents in need
- Connected volunteers with clients to help them with workforce development training. We reached out to the Montgomery County Volunteer Center (MCVC), other community partners, and Board members, resulting in 40 volunteers supporting clients with employment and online training
- $500,000 Unsolicited Grant for the Montgomery County’s Department of Health and Human Services
- $30,000 from the Community Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant
- $25,000 from the Maryland NORI Initiative Grant
- $15,000 match challenge grant from Cliff and Deborah White
- Our clients have started 143 new jobs with an annual value of $4,400,000 and had an attendance of 838 for workforce training sessions as of September 2021
- $7,500 from Sharing Montgomery Grant
- $2,050 raised from Facebook Fundraiser for CareerCatchers’ 12th Anniversary