If you are currently collecting Unemployment Insurance benefits, you may have received an email about potential eligibility for the federal supplemental Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) program. The LWA program provides an additional $300 weekly payment on top of regular unemployment benefits for eligible claimants for six weeks.
When you sign on to complete your weekly certification, you will be prompted to complete the following form:
You are eligible for the benefits if you:
Complete a one-time self-certification that you are unemployed or partially unemployed due to disruptions caused by COVID-19 (you do not need to file a separation application);
Be eligible for at least $100 of unemployment compensation under any of the following UI programs:
- Regular Maryland Unemployment Insurance
- Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees (UCFE)
- Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service members (UCX)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Extended Benefits (EB)
- Short-Time Compensation (STC) (“Work-Sharing” in Maryland)
- Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA)
If you meet the above criteria, click the “I CERTIFY” option. If not, click the “I DECLINE” option.
This form only determines your eligibility for the LWA program, and does not affect your current benefits.