A Frederick, MD-based subcontractor is hiring an HR Business Partner to join its growing team. The HRBP’s primary focus areas include employee/career development, engagement and performance management.
The HRBP will also work on workforce planning and hiring initiatives, employee onboarding, benefits administration, compensation, training and development, and employee relations.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with taking initiative. The HR Generalist must be employee-service focused and driven to maintain a positive corporate culture, with proactive and responsive communication skills and the ability to work closely with staff at all levels of the organization, from entry-level apprentices to senior leadership, in the field and in the office.
* 5-7 years’ progressive experience in HR, with at least 3 years of proven experience in employee development, performance management and engagement
* Expertise in HR policies and procedures, as well as familiarity with current federal, state and local employment laws
* Strong knowledge of hiring processes and recruitment best practices
* Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
* Employee-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism and discretion
* Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on proactive and responsive communications with managers
* Ability to work independently, with little supervision
* Strong computer skills
* HR certification preferred (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP)
This position reports to the President of the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
* Oversee and execute the daily HR functions of the organization, with a focus on best practices, the employee experience and alignment with business goals.
* Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, 401k, paid time off, and other benefit programs.
* Manage recruitment efforts and prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting onboarding and training programs.
* Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records and documentation.
* Be the go-to for employee communications to ensure that managers and employees can be most effective in their roles.
* Build strong relationships with employees fostering trust and promoting collaboration.
* Handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
* This position does not handle payroll.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $65,000-$75,000. This position is also bonus eligible.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: HR Business Partner)