Please be sure to contact your Career Counselor for a referral if you are interested in this position.
COVID-19 Contact Tracer (REMOTE) at ETalentNetwork
Job Title: Contact Tracer (REMOTE)
Location with zip code: Detroit MI 48205
Duration: 3+ months
Client: State of Michigan MDHHS
Shift time: 9AM – 8PM (8 Hours shift – Mon- Sun)
COVID-19 Contact Tracer
Contact tracing is a public health strategy proven to prevent the spread of contagious disease. This position will call individuals exposed to or who are close contacts of COVID-19 cases. Tracers will provide contacts with instructions for 14-days of quarantine to prevent the continued spread of COVID-19. Tracers will also inquire about the prevalence of symptoms, refer residents to follow up care when appropriate, and document information accurately. Tracers provide valuable public health information and education during calls, and through follow up communications, to help individuals keep themselves and others safe.
Tracers will use web-based remote call center technology to contact residents. Tracers will be provided with scripts, training, and protocols for conducting outreach to exposed individuals. All employees will be responsible for adhering to strict confidentiality standards related to personal health information.
Tracers are expected to have a background in public health, but do not need to have past experience with contact tracing. Applicants should be comfortable using basic technology and have the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- All contact tracing work performed on behalf of department will be conducted remotely.
- This work will be supervised by remote management teams.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients notify them of their exposure to COVID-19.
- Perform daily symptom monitoring calls to individuals in quarantine. Help residents recognize symptoms of COVID-19 and refer them to the appropriate resources for follow-up, such as testing and other medical care when necessary.
- Conduct all conversations with professionalism, sensitivity, empathy, and cultural humility. Use good judgement when communicating with individuals in distress.
- Appropriately document information acquired through phone calls in a customer-relationship management (CRM) database.
- Protect resident confidentiality and adhere to strict privacy guidelines.
- Follow protocols to refer individuals to appropriate resources for follow up care and support.
- Closely follow supervisor and department directions. Maintain daily communication with supervisor.
- Meet department expectations for daily attempted contacts and other quality metrics.
- Communicate regularly with peers and managers regarding emerging issues in the COVID response
- Regularly update knowledge about COVID resources on department website
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred public health education and experience (e.g. community health worker, public health nurse, communicable disease nurse, social work, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English is required. Fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- Computer literacy and data entry skills required.
- Michigan residents with knowledge of local and state resources preferred. department is seeking a diverse pool of employees from across the states.
- This is a full-time job with a required 40 hours per week.
- This is a temporary job intended to meet the unprecedented capacity needs of the COVID-19 outbreak. Individuals will commit to a minimum of three months in their initial contract. Contracts will then be reevaluated on a monthly basis for renewal based on need and performance.
- Contact tracing is a time-sensitive activity. Therefore, tracing will take place 7 days a week from [hours of operation]. Weekend coverage will be needed. Please provide your availability to work weekends on your application.
- Individuals must have a personal computer with audio capabilities for calls and data entry. Reliable internet access is required.
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred
Kindly share your detailed resume at firstname.lastname@example.org